We had so much fun with the hot, mug, mini swap; it was decided to do another swap. This swap will be an “Apron”. A simple questionnaire answers are listed below and returned via email to Lauralee326@gmail.com no later than August 12th. Partners will randomly be assigned no later than August 16th. Please deliver your apron, via mail or by social distancing no later than September 3rd. If you need ideas there are lots of free apron patterns on the Internet and Pintrest
Apron Swap Questionnaire
Please send your answers to the four questions below to Lauralee326@gmail.com
- Do your prefer a half apron (waist style) or full coverage apron?
- Do you have colors you would prefer?
- Do you have a theme related to your kitchen that you would like your apron to coordinat
“EVQ Web Mystery Quilt”
We hope you will join EVQ’s first Web mystery quilt. What’s a mystery quilt you ask? A mystery quilt is a quilting activity in which you do not know what the “pattern” looks like, follow the clues and end up with an amazing quilt. It’s fun to hear guesses of and we would love those who join in to post what they think it might be on the EVQ Facebook page, or email them to Laura Lowe and they will be posted on the Mystery Quilt webpage. The quilt will be approximately a throw size. You can use your stash, scraps or visit your favorite local quilt shop for some new fabrics,
- The first clue will be the fabric, colors and cutting requirements they will be posted on the web August 15th.
- The second, third, etc. clues will be posted weekly starting September 1st. The mystery quilt is still being tested as to how many weeks we will need, but we are trying to keep this simple and not drag it out.
- If you do not have access to the web for the clues, please contact Laura and we can make other arrangements.
- If you have any questions please contact Laura at Lauralee326@gmail.com
Pretzel Salad (please no name of who submitted)
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 oz) packages of Raspberry or Strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 ( 10 oz) packages of raspberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar and press mixture into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipping topping. Spread mixture onto cooled pretzel crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen raspberries or strawberries and allow to briefly set. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.